SHAOLIN CULTURAL CENTRE OF CANADA (SCCC)
Since having been appointed by the Abbot Shi Yong Xin, the Chief Master of Song Mountain Shaolin Temple in China, the Venerable Yan Chong, Chief Coach of Shaolin Kung-fu, established the SCCC in 2007. It remains the only authentic Shaolin cultural center in Toronto, Canada.
The SCCC is a non-profit organization. Its' main goals include gaining a better health, and promoting martial arts ethics. It seeks to develop obedience and discipline; practice the Mahayana Buddhism doctrines, and propagate the spirit of compassion. The center advocates the Shaoline's 1500 years of profound culture and Chan (Zen) Buddhism including the purification of the mind. It strives to improve the understanding amongst nations and peoples, and to enhance the East and West cultural exchange, praying for a Peaceful world.
THE GOALS OF THE SCCC :
- To assist Canadian Chinese with learning and understanding about their Chinese culture and heritage;
- To share the world unique Shaolin Culture with all Canadian societies;
- To introduce the Shaolin Wellness Health Kung Fu Program. The seniors and the middle aged, with regular practice, benefit from improving their blood circulation, recovering from fatigue, cleansing and strengthening of their internal major functional organs and limbs;
- To practice the Shaolin Kung-Fu which helps to develop adults' and children's physical and mental well-being, adaptability and perseverance;
- To learn the Shaolin monks' great compassion, the spirit of endurance, and to preach these themes to the populace.
- To participate with sincerity and dedication in multi-cultural and charitable events;
- To improve the relationship and respect between Canadian Chinese and other cultures, and to live a productive life in peace and in harmony;
- To promote Canadian cosmopolitan culture in local and international settings and to allow more people to have a better understanding of its beliefs and characteristics;
- To publicize about Canadian successes and opportunities to Chinese all over the world;
- To seek opportunities for the SCCC to further contribute to our multi-cultural societies.